Day Six - show opens!

Friday, July 6, 2012 - The day I have been waiting for and working for.  Heat remains up above 100 degrees.  I return to City Art Center to finish the show and celebrate.  I am blessed with the help of Jacqulyn Davis for the third day as well as Dawn Norris.  So generous of them to offer their time.  And lucky for me they are experienced in hanging 2D art.  They hang all the prints while I work on painting AV shelves black to allow them to disappear and 100 other last minute details.  I accidentally fall through the floor about 2 hours before the show opens.  Oops.  And ouch.  I decided to wear the long dress. 

Did I mention that it is still crazy hot?  I manage to snap at everyone, but it all gets done. 

Steve took the day off again to meet with doctors and such.  Hooray, his dad was released from the hospital.  At 5:30pm.  So Steve had to leave to be with me in Delaware.  And his car almost overheats, so no air conditioning.  Ely about melted.

We take a sanity break to cool off in the Mexican restaurant across the street and then the party begins. 

Comments