Dr Rau broth

Anyone who has struggled with food intolerances knows that figuring it out is a process!  I have done three different elimination diets in the past 5 years or so, and while each of them have helped me some, The Swiss Secret to Optimal Health by Dr. Thomas Rau is the one that has helped the most.  Dr. Rau explains the "why"s and the "how"s and offers many healthy, yet yummy recipes.  He also has you add tonics in addition to removing irritants. My favorite of the tonics is the Rau broth.  With just 5 ingredients, it has become an important staple in my diet. I make it about twice a month. I drink  it with breakfast or as a snack and use it in recipes.
Dr. Rau’s Alkaline Soup
One and a half cups finely diced zucchini ( 2 small or one medium)
one cup thinly cut green beans (about 2 hand fulls)
3/4 of a cup finely diced celery (two ribs)
three-quarter cup finely diced and peeled carrots (2 medium carrots)
Put all the vegetables in a large stock pot with 2 quarts of pure spring water or filtered water.
Bring to a boil, skim off any scum that rises to the top.
Reduce the heat to a simmer, partially cover the pot and cook the vegetables for 10 to 12 minutes or until they are soft.
Remove from the heat and let stand covered for 10 minutes.
I don’t add any seasonings (even salt!) it gives me the most options on how to use it later.
I remove the vegetables and use them in a recipe such as squash soup or nomato sauce.


Comments